The next live seminar/webinar is…
Online resources for gifted children.
RESCHEDULING. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
Best practice for online resources for gifted children. Every minute, more than 200 new videos are uploaded to YouTube. Google is aware of 130 trillion web pages (130,000,000,000,000). Apple has more than 2.2 million apps available for iPad and mobile (2,200,000). How do we know which resources to use? Learn about:
- Aims of online learning
- Best practice in iPad setup
- Age-appropriate resources
- What you can do now to add curated, accessible, and useful apps, sites, and learning for you and your child.
This webinar series is designed for adults including parents, teachers, education specialists, psychologists, counsellors, and coaches.
The content is appropriate for children, but is not tailored to children. There will be webinars for children in this series, and these will be flagged.
See the Australian timezones listed above, or click 'Register' to see it in your timezone anywhere in the world.
The webinar will be around 60 minutes including Q&A.
Online streaming video. Watch, listen, and ask questions from the comfort of your (and Alan's!) home.
Register using the button below.
You will be provided with a link to the webinar.
At the webinar start time, click the link to connect to the video stream using your laptop/computer, iPad, or tablet device.
Sit back, watch, and listen. The webinar is "view-only"; your video camera and microphone are not enabled.
If you'd like, you may type questions using the built-in Q&A function, and Alan will aim to answer questions via video in the stream.
Motivation, Flow, and Engagement.
Sunday 21st October 2018 at 8PM Sydney/5PM Perth/all other timezones worldwide.
What makes a child talented—not just gifted? Why are there so many high performers that began exploring life fully at very young ages and continue to LOVE their chosen field? Learn about:
- The real difference between high ability (gifted) and high performance (talented).
- Where to look for ‘the spark’.
- Practical tips for fostering interest and motivation.
- What you can do now to support motivation and engagement in your gifted child.
Gifted education beyond 2020.
Sunday 16th September 2018 at 8PM Sydney/6PM Perth/all other timezones worldwide.
An updated parent version of the recent plenary session from the Asia Pacific Gifted Conference in Bangkok, Thailand. Learn about:
- The urgency behind gifted education.
- Four of the most effective gifted schools in the world.
- Highlights of curriculum and teaching methods.
- What you can do now to support your gifted child.
Archive of recordings
All live webinars are recorded and available in archived form, as part of the paid course for parents, at: LifeArchitect.tv